I have done a whole load of work today which has disappeared, particularly involving the US Open. I am afraid that I am not willing to do it again. I will be at www.twitter.com @drtclub from 16:00 for some more trading. I have a fair grasp of the matches in my head. Apologies. The research disappeared. Maybe did not save.
FIFA World Cup 2018
16:30 - Ghana v Congo - 1.36 Ghana
- Ghana are struggling in group E and historically they tend to get to the world Cup. This is a must win match for the Ghanaians today, 5 points shy of 2nd place.
- Congo look like the whipping boys in this Group. Expect Ghana to go for the win today. Ghana has failed to score yet in their 2 matches.
- Watch out for a long term 0-0 but do maintain a faith that Ghana get the win they need.
17:00 - Kazakhstan v Montenegro - 1.8 Montenegro
- Montenegro has the motivation here, 2nd in Group E. Kazakhstan are out of contention.
- No win for the Kazaks. A tendency to concede 2 goals at least.
- Montenegro lost only to Armenia and Poland.
- I cannot see Montenegro losing today. In an ideal world, they should score 2 goals at least.
17:00 - Nigeria v Cameroon - 1.98 Nigeria
19:45 - Czech Republic v Germany - 1.45 Germany
- 4 matches remain in Group C and Germany are 5 points ahead of 2nd placed and 9 points ahead of 3rd place. I would suggest Germany has done enough, a win today certainly dots the i's.
- Czechs in 3rd have everything to play for and note Northern Ireland (2nd) look to have a 3 pointer so Czechs really need to get something.
- 3-0 loss to Germany for Czechs. Bar Germany, Czechs were tight defensively.
- Germany has conceded only 1 goal this campaign. I am afraid I cannot see the Czechs getting the 3 points they need to challenge Northern Ireland for 2nd place.
19:45 - Denmark v Poland - 2.48 Denmark
- 3rd v 1st in Group E and Poland are 6 points clear of 2nd and 3rd.
- Denmark's sole losses this campaign came v 1st and 2nd.
- Poland has scored and conceded in 5 of their 6 matches without losing. Is that a ready angle? If Denmark scores first, lay them.
- Note the Poles tend to score 2 goals. I am guessing this is the Lewandowski effect. Indeed he scored all 3 goals last match.
- So watch potentially for both teams to score. If the Danes score first, consider backing 1-3 or 1-2 Poland.
- Goalscorer? Lewandowski.
19:45 - Lithuania v Scotland - 1.82 Scotland
- 4 matches remaining in the Group F. Scotland are still in contention in a tight battle for 2nd, 3rd.
- A 1-1 draw last time these 2 met. 3 consecutive losses for Lithuania. Scotland were lucky to get an equaliser.
- A 2-2 v England lately for Scotland was a superb result.
- Scotland have not had a draw away in this campaign. Lay the late draw?
- 2-2-1 goals scored by Lithuania at home last 3 matches.
- Expectation is for Scotland to go for the win they need against a team they really should beat. Leigh Griffiths needs to be on target as he was v England.
- I would certainly be laying any Lithuania lead.
19:45 - Malta v England - 1.04 England
- A routine 2-0 win for England last time these 2 met. Malta may not get the spanking we expect of a 1.04 favourite. I would suggest England capable of 3+ goals.
- Malta scored in 5 of their last 6 home matches. I do hope they score first!
- 1-3, 0-3, 0-5 correct scores for me. As I did with Belgium (8-0 so close!) I tend to back with a bookmaker which has an in-play cash out facility.
19:45 - Norway v Azerbaijan - 1.57 Norway
- Germany and Northern Ireland dominate Group C. There are 4 matches.
- Azerbaijan seem to have the better chance of the 2 teams to get that 2nd place.
- Only 1 win for Norway came v San Marino.
- 3 consecutive losses for Azerbaijan came v the big 2.
- I think Azerbaijan have been written off here. 1-0-0 scored by Azerbaijan is a worry though away from home.
- 1-1 looks like a good correct score to trade from here.
- With the Azerbaijani's failing to get that 2nd goal away, lay them if they score first.
19:45 - Romania v Armenia - 1.47 Romania
- 5-0 Romanian win last time these 2 met should really suggest a home win today. React if Armenia strike a blow.
19:45 - San Marino v Northern Ireland - 1.05 NI
- 4 goals scored by Northern Ireland the last time these 2 met. I can see 3+ goals today if Northern Ireland go for it. They are dominant in Group E along with Germany.
19:45 - Slovakia v Slovenia - 2.04 Slovakia
- The 2 sides most likely apart from England to qualify. I would back 0-0 pre match here because these 2 tend to have really good defences. I would suggest a possible 1-0/0-1 were there to be a winner.