West Ham scored first, Tottenham equalised. Job done. Did you take on the halftime 0-0 in the second half? Barcelona drew 1-1 with Celta Vigo . Wait for the second leg now as Barcelona are at home. Today sees the FA Cup and 2 unappealing Seria A matches with 2.56 and 2.76 favourites suggesting those matches are too tough to call.
In the FA Cup, team news will be key here. Note the teams have a good break to their next match so we may see strong team selection. Read Liverpool's FA Cup form though and it is very poor. Will that be negated by the fact this is a Mersey Derby and Liverpool are unbeaten in 21 home matches?
Man Utd take on a Derby side they beat with ease in the FA Cup in 2016.
Seria A, I'm afraid, is very tough to call. I would side with Udinese today. As to Fiorentina v Inter, well it's tough to call. If I was basing my opinion on form prior to 3rd December, then it would be Inter all the way. But they have failed to score in 3 of their last 4 matches.
19:55 - Liverpool v Everton - 1.45 Liverpool
- A Mersey derby and an FA Cup match to boot.
- Form all competitions - unbeaten in 16 matches.
- Home form all competitions - unbeaten in 21 matches. 1-1 v Everton as recently as 10th December 2017.
- Form FA Cup home and away - only 2 wins in 8 matches v Plymouth and Exeter. Outside the South West Liverpool are pants in the Fa Cup!!
- Form FA Cup at home - 6 consecutive clean sheets ended with a 1-2 loss v Wolves on 28th January 2017 4 0-0's in those matches.
- Form all competitions - no win in 4 matches saw 2 0-0's and 2 defeats.
- Form in all away competitions - only 2 wins in 16 away matches v Apollon and Newcastle - 0-1 v Newcastle.
- Form FA Cup home and away - 2 consecutive 1-2 defeats v Leicester and Man Utd.
- Form FA Cup away from home - 2 consecutive away wins v Carlisle and Bournemouth.
- Liverpool's form hardly screams out 'up for the Cup!' does it? 4 0-0's in 6 home matches. A loss v Wolves last home match. It suggests to me that Liverpool will field a weakened side.....until you realise this is a derby , and Liverpool do not have a match for 9 days.
- Klopp I suspect will ramp up the team selection for this FA Cup match. 21 matches unbeaten at home is quite something. 9 days to next match is ample recovery time.
- Everton have a new manager who has managed a 1-1 v Liverpool already and that is the likely template.
- Team news very important here simply because Liverpool do not seem to prioritise this competition.
20:00 - Man Utd v Derby - 1.28 Man Utd
- Form all competitions - only 1 win in 5 matches was a good 0-2 v Everton. Last loss was v Bristol City in the league cup.
- Home form all competitions - only 2 losses at home since 30th July 2016 came v Manchester City. 2 consecutive draws.
- Form FA Cup home and away - only 1 loss in 11 matches was a 1-0 loss v Chelsea 13th March 2017. Since 2015 only 2 losses v Arsenal and Chelsea.
- Form FA Cup at home - 3 consecutive 4-0 wins.
- Form all competitions - unbeaten in 7 matches. 2 draws in 3 matches.
- Form in all away competitions - unbeaten in 9 matches. did not concede 2 goals in those matches. 3 clean sheets in 4 matches.
- Form FA Cup home and away - scored and conceded last 6 matches. Lost 1-3 to Man Utd on 29th January 2016.
- orm FA Cup away from home - scored and conceded in 10 of 11 matches since 2005.Wins away v Hartlepool, West Brom and an extra time loss v Leicester in most recent matches.
- Man Utd home form is exemplary. Only Man City have beaten them since 30th July 2016.
- Derby are in good away form albeit in the Championship. Recent FA Cup wins away came v Hartlepool and West Brom.
- A 10 match rest period for Man Utd suggests we see a first team out today. A 2016 1-3 win v Derby is optimistic. Derby tend to score and concede in the FA Cup and I would be a definite layer of Derby if Derby scores first
ITALIAN SERIA A
17:00 - Chievo v Udinese - 2.56 Udinese
- Ahhh, my old friend 2.56 odds. This tells us the market has no opinion and it usually points to form which suggests similar. We shall see.
- 0-0, 1-2 Chievo, 0-0, 1-2 Chievo is the recent head to head pattern.
- 4 defeats in 4 matches.
- Failed to score in 4 of their last 5 matches.
- Only 4 clean sheets.
- Only 1 win at home v teams above them in the league.
- Scored and conceded in all home matches v 5th and lower.
- Scored and conceded in all matches home and away v 5th-12th inclusive.
- 7 wins in 9 matches. 5 consecutive wins.
- 4 consecutive away wins. Why are Udinese not strong favourites on this very recent form?
- Failed to score in only 2 matches.
- Only 1 0-0 at halftime.
- Scored in their last 8 away.
- No away draw.
- Mixed away form. Losses away v 4th, 7th, 11th and 17th. Wins away v 3rd, 12th, 14th, 18th.
- 9 of 12 goals conceded away came 1st half.
- It was looking like a shoo-in for Udinese until we see rather mixed away form.
- I would lay the 0-0 in the halftime score market.
- There is a strong argument for both teams scoring and on that very recent form, I would be more confident in Udinese coming from behind.
- I personally am going with Udinese's recent form as it is compelling. If this momentum continues they can add to their 4 consecutive away wins and superb 5 consecutive wins.
19:45 - Fiorentina v Inter - 2.76 Inter
- Recent head to heads have seen the home team win. 2-1 and 5-4 in the last 2 head to heads at Fiorentina.
- Earlier in the season, Inter Milan I would suggest would be strong favourites. They are on a bit of a wobble at the moment.
- 4 clean sheets in 5 matches.
- Only Roma has beaten Fiorentina in the last 8 home matches.
- Unbeaten in 7 matches.
- Failed to score in only 4 matches.
- No win v top 7 teams home or away. Wins at home v 4th and 6th 2-4 and 1-2.
- Failed to score only once at home.
- No win in 4 matches. 2 0-0's and 2 defeats.
- 0-0 and 1-0 loss last 2 away matches.
- Prior to 3rd December 2017, Inter would be extremely strong favourites today.
- Failed to score in 3 of their last 4 matches.
- 3 1-0 defeats and 3 0-0's away at halftime but only 1 away loss.
- Not played 5th-11th inclusive away so a big gap in that form.
- 9 of 13 goals scored away came 2nd half.
- The eternal conundrum that is a 2.76 favourite! There is always a niggle that is unearthed by such market odds.
- I can make a good argument for Fiorentina. Only Roma have beaten them in 8 home matches; they are unbeaten in 7; and the home team tends to win recent head to heads BUT.....
- Fiorentina are yet to beat top 7 teams.
- Inter? Prior to 3rd December I would be all over them today but 2 0-0's and 2 defeats is a concern as it an inability to score in 3 of 4 matches. Further we have no form for Inter away v 5th-11th inclusive.
- Another for the inplay stats. Sorry!