A quiet day today and a day of new managers whose influence on teams has been positive (Stoke, Werder Bremen and Koln, and Alaves.) Shortlisters, shorties and possible goals before halftime are all at the DRT Facebook page.
ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
20:00 - Stoke v Man City - 1.28 Man City
- 4 draws and a loss last 5 with 2 0-0's. New manager at work.
- 2-0, 0-0, 1-1 last 3 at home under new manager.
- Nothing else to report as the new manager has obviously had an impact, more defensively than anything.
Man City (1st)
- Only 1 loss.
- Palace kept City to 0-0 but usually score 2+ goals v 14th and lower.
- New manager Stoke has obviously tried to tighten things up defensively but will get a work out.
- Normally with Man City you'd side with a goal before halftime but a couple of Stoke 0-0's and 2 Stoke clean sheets at home suggests they may dig in.
- Expect, on form, 2+ goals from City....eventually.
19:30 - Werder Bremen v v Koln - 1.88 Werder
Werder Bremen (14th)
- 15 games under new manager.
- All 6 wins have come under new manager.
- WWDDDWW (W=Win, D=Draw) at home under new manager. What an impact!
- 13 of 15 matches saw a goal at least before halftime under new manager.
- Another new manager with 11 matches under his belt.
- All wins came under new manager. Win, Loss, Win, last 3 away scoring 2 goals in each away match.
- 2 new managers have brought about their teams' wins this season. Clearly Werder excel at home. Koln have scored 2 goals in each of their last 3 away.
- So I cannot discount Koln.
- The market is with the home side today. But this Koln have scored and conceded in 7 of their last 8. Lay any team leading 2-0/0-2?
- Back 2-1/1-2 pre match in the hope both teams score?
SPANISH LA LIGA
20:00 - Alaves v Real Betis - 2.24 Alaves
- 2-0 Betis last head to head.
- Only 1 draw was a 2-2.
- Only 3 defeats in 9, 2 were v Real Madrid and Barcelona.
- 14 games under new manager. 8 wins under new manager, all defeats coming away including 3 v the top 4.
- 6 wins and a draw in their last 7 at home. Last 2 home wins were 1-0's.
Real Betis (10th)
- 3 clean sheets in 5 matches.
- Failed to score last 2 matches.
- WWLWWL (W=Win, L=Loss) recently away.
- 6 wins and a 0-0 v 16th and lower.
- It seems a theme today. New managers. 6 draws and a win last 7 at home players 4 wins and 2 losses last 6 away.
- 2 teams in decent ultra recent form.
- Lay any late draw. Alaves love to avoid the draw!
- Expect a solid Alaves performance under this new manager with points very much in demand. Alaves recent defeats came v top 4 so I would give them the nod here and take on any Betis lead.
18:00 - Copenhagen v FC Helsingor - 1.22 Copenhagen
- 0-4 Copenhagen last head to head.
FC Copenhagen (4th)
- 4 wins in 5. A great recovery post Winter Break.
- 3 consecutive clean sheet wins.
- 7 wins in 8 at home.
- No draw in 9 at home.
- Only 1 0-0 at home.
- Only 5 wins.
- No win in 10 away.
- 17 goals conceded first half away.
- Lay the 0-0 in the halftime score market.
- FC Copenhagen should continue their excellent run of 7 wins in 8 at home.