SPANISH PRIMERA LIGA
20:00 - Espanyol v Celta Vigo - 2.48 Espanyol
- 0-2 Celta and 2-2 in the last 2 head to heads.
- This is the Spanish Primera Liga. Remember when you see a favourite at odds of 2.4 or higher, it suggests the market cannot split the teams and by default we have a tough match to decipher.
- A draw and 2 defeats for Espanyol saw them scoring 1-0-0. They have met Sevilla and Barcelona so you could argue that their season is yet to start as far as earning points.
- 2 losses and a win for Celta. Celta scored 2 goals v Real Sociedad without winning.
- Neither side has had a 0-0 at halftime, albeit after only 3 matches played.
- Usual tough to decipher Monday fare. If you think these 2 can avoid another 0-0 at halftime then lay the 0-0 in the halftime score market, particularly if 0-0 after 20 minutes.
RUSSIAN PREMIER LEAGUE
I head off to Mother Russia because I like Zenit St Petersburg. A team who have an air of reliability about them. Also this is a league with 9 matches played. You will see that there are better stats patterns now. Wait until the Premiership has 9 or so matches played (indeed all elite leagues); The research will get infinitely better and more detailed.
17:30 - Lokomotiv v Amkar - 1.57 Lokomotiv
- 0-0 and 3-3 in the last 2 head to heads.
- Only 1 loss.
- Failed to score only in that defeat. The inference is that if Lokomotiv score, they are unlikely to lose.
- Both teams have scored in 4 of the last 5 head to heads.
- 1-0 wins v 14th and 15th and with Amkar in 16th, do Lokomotiv find the strugglers tough to break down?
- Maybe not. Loko have scored 2 goals only once so if their defence does not keep a clean sheet they may not win (3 1-0 wins at home).
- No 0-0 this season.
- 4 of 5 goals scored at home came 2nd half.
- Only 1 win came last away match.
- Failed to score in 7 of 9 matches.
- 4 1-0 defeats and a 1-1 home and away v top 7.
- Lokomotiv may get away with their profligacy infront of goal at home, as they are playing an Amkar failing to score in 7 of 9 matches.
- It does look set up for a 1-0 win. I would note any 0-0 at halftime. Loko tend to go loco 2nd half so that 0-0 should be vulnerable.
- Remember Loko have yet to have a 0-0 this season.
18:00 - Zenit St Petersburg v FC UFA - 1.25 Zenit
- 0-0 and 2-0 Zenit in the last 2 head to heads.
- Zenit are league leaders currently.
- 1-0-0 scored by Zenit last 3 matches. Struggles up front?
- 2 consecutive 0-0's. 0-0 sequences will inevitably end sooner rather than later.
- 4 consecutive clean sheets.
- 2 + goals scored in 3 wins at home.
- 8 of 11 goals scored at home came 2nd half.
- 3 defeats in 4 matches.
- 2 1-0 defeats so may keep Zenit honest.
- Not played top 7 away from home yet but in the away matches they have played, they have not conceded 2 goals.
- 0-0 sequences will end so expect 0-0 to end today (react if 0-0 at halftime or 0-0 75th+ minute).
- UFA are yet to play top 6 so little to work with. Against bottom half sides they have kept the teams to 1 goal maximum. With Zenit scoring 1-0-0 last 3 matches, will we see struggles from a normally reliable Zenit.
- My angles? If 0-0 halftime I will react with perhaps a 1-0 or 2-0 Zenit correct score play. 8 of Zenit's 11 goals came 2nd half.
As this league is covered at www.soccerstats.com I will check out the solitary match today.
18:00 - FC Nordsjaelland v AGF - 2.08 FC Nord
- At least one team has scored 3 goals in the last 4 head to heads.
- 2-3-3 scored by FC Nord in the last 3 home matches .....but 0-3-2 conceded also.
- Top of the league at the moment.
- Failed to score 2 goals at least only once this season.
- Scored in every match.
- Only 1 0-0 at halftime came last match.
- 3 clean sheets in 4 matches.
- 1-0-0 scored away.
- Not scored a 2nd half goal away.
- Not met top 6 away but intriguingly beat 2nd and 4th 2-0 at home.
- Nords should outscore AGF today.
- Expectation is for FC Nords to score at least 2 goals today.
- Lay the 0-0 in the halftime score market if you want. FC Nords did have a 0-0 at halftime last match but that is not the norm.
- AGF at home are beating top 4 teams with ease and away have yet to meet the top 6 so a slight ? about how they will perform today.
- Head to heads suggest FC Nord could score 2/3 goals today. If AGF score, you have an option to simply late them or back 2-1, 2-2, 3-1?
Plenty of matches played in this less-elite leagues and an odds-on favourite means I'll research this one.
18:00 - Odds BK v Aalesunds - 1.8 Odds
- 2 consecutive home wins for Aalesunds in league head to heads.
- This is 10th v 11th.
- Only 1 home loss.
- Have yet to concede 2 goals in a home match.
- Failed to score in 6 of 10 matches but seem ok at home.
- 5 0-0's at halftime at home - 50% of home matches.
- Scored 2 goals in home wins v 8th, 12th,13th, 14th and play 11th today.
- Only 1 win in 11 was, very oddly, 5-1 at home to Odds BK.
- 3 score draws in 4 matches.
- Only 3 clean sheets.
- Conceded in their last 11 matches.
- Only 2 away wins.
- Very strange this one. Aalesunds are really poor in recent matches but their solitary win in 11 matches was a 5-1 tonking of Odds BK.
- Odds BK at home though are yet to concede 2 goals in a single match. This suggests a lay of Aalesunds if Aalesunds scores first (as does their 3 score draws recently).
- Only 3 clean sheets for Aalesunds does suggest that they will concede at some point.