I thought the live chats went well this weekend. I did enjoy the live chat webinar as I feel it brings to life what I do in a live chat, far greater than the one-dimensional written word can. So that is a way to move forward. Live chats via video either through Facebook live video which is an excellent facility, or as an actual webinar.
On to today and some big guns are out, which is a real surprise for a Monday where we normally get the dregs of the major leagues. Only 3 matches today and not worthy of a live chat. Liverpool should be eyeing a win today. Juventus are threatened by a 0-0 - Genoa are adept at 0-0's with their hugely negative tactics away v top 12 sides.
20:00 - Swansea v Liverpool - 1.32 Liverpool
- 2-3 Swansea and 5-0 Liverpool in the last 2 head to heads.
- New manager for Swansea 3 matches in.
Swansea (20th and bottom of the league)
- Only 4 wins.
- 1-2 win, 0-2 loss to Tottenham and 1-1 v Newcastle under new management.
- I cannot really focus on the rest of form as new managers tend to stamp their authority and I see, time and time again, a distinct change in form when managers change.
- What catches my eye, and I hope yours, is the 0-2 loss v Tottenham at home and under this new manager.
- Only 2 losses v Tottenham and Man City. We can safely say that the Swans are not quite on the same level as these 2.
- Failed to score in only 3 matches.
- Scored and conceded in 4 of their last 5 matches.
- No defeat in 14 matches.
- 2+ goals scored in their last 6 matches and last 6 away matches.
- Only 1 0-0 at halftime away.
- Not played bottom 3 yet but unbeaten home and away v 6th and lower.
- Not conceded v bottom 4 (albeit 3 matches were at home).
- 11 goals scored 16th-30th minute away.
- Important for me, Swansea lost 0-2 to Tottenham under new management and that suggests to me that, even with the influence of their new manager (who has engendered 2 other encouraging results), a top 4 side will be a step too far.
- I would want to see Salah and Firmino play as between them they have scored 28 goals.
- A clean sheet is a possible for Liverpool.
- I would lay the 0-0 in the halftime score market given Liverpool have scored a shed load away in the 16th-30th minute.
20:00 - Eibar v Malaga - 1.73 Eibar
- 3-0 and 0-1 Eibar in the last 2 head to heads.
- 6 wins in 8 matches ended with a 0-1 loss v Atl Madrid.
- That ended a run of 4 consecutive home wins.
- 2 draws and 4 wins at home ended with that loss to Atl Madrid.
- Unbeaten home and away v 16th and lower.
- 8 of 11 goals conceded at home came 1st half.
Malaga (20th and bottom of the league)
- 4 consecutive losses, 3 consecutive 1-0 losses so only just losing.
- 2 consecutive away 1-0 defeats.
- Only 2 clean sheets.
- No draw away.
- 5 0-0's at halftime away.
- All defeats v top 11.
- All defeats away v top 9.
- 13 of 18 goals conceded away came 2nd half.
- Malaga are keeping it tight so note that. We may see a 0-0 at halftime.
- Eibar are in excellent recent form and at home too. Only loss v Atl Madrid was expected.
- I would have to side with Eibar today although I would expect a Malaga rear-guard action given their 3 consecutive 1-0 defeats.
- Note Malaga have conceded 13/18 goals away in the 2nd half.
19:45 - Juventus v Genoa - 1.23 Juventus
- 4-0 and 2-4 Juventus in 2017 head to heads.
- Only 2 defeats.
- 6 wins and a 0-0 last 7 matches.
- Failed to score only once.
- 6 clean sheets in their last 7 matches.
- 100% wins v 9th and lower, home and away.
- 3+ goals scored in 8/10 matches v 12th and lower.
- Led at halftime in 6/10 at home.
- Only 1 loss in 8 matches.
- 0-1, 0-0, 0-0 last 3 aways may betray Genoa's tactics.
- 5 clean sheets in 6 matches.
- 6 0-0's at halftime away.
- Not beaten a top 13 side.
- Not played top 3 away but beat 4th 1-0.
- Failed to score in all matches v top 14 sides away. 4 0-0's.
- 0-0 is in play with Genoa. If Juventus have a poor day infront of goal, then 0-0 could be the final score.
- Genoa are having trouble scoring away v top 13 so Juventus are the likeliest scorers.
- On form, Juventus have 3 goals in them v teams 12th and lower.