A handful of matches today and they are of interest. I included FC Midtjylland given the motivation to go joint-top with a win. I'm going to start doing a 'shorties' list at the DRT Facebook page. I do this based on following Huesca last night. Top of Spanish Segunda Liga, Huesca conceded first. They equalised before halftime and went on to lead 2-1. I was also upset at missing Dynamo Kiev during the live chat yesterday. Why? Well it was a match from Heaven. Odds on favourite Dynamo Kiev conceded first, equalised, conceded again, equalised and of course the Desmond Tutu ended in the 92nd minute.
It is worth knowing the odds-on favourites. What I would do is, at www.flashscore.com, tick these matches so they are viewable in the 'My Games' section of the website.
ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
20:00 - Crystal Palace v Manchester United - 1.56 Man Utd
- Man Utd have tended not to lose in head to heads.
Crystal Palace (18th)
- No win in 5 matches.
- Recent heavy losses came away.
- Solid home form under Woy Hodgson - WDDWDWL (v Arsenal)DWDL(vTottenham) where W=Win, D=Draw and L=Loss.
- Failed to score v top 4 this season.
- 14 of 20 goals conceded at home came 1st half.
- Their recent hiccup has seen Palace enter the relegation zone.
Manchester United (3rd)
- A chance to go 2nd with a win.
- 2 consecutive away defeats without scoring v Tottenham and Newcastle.
- More vulnerable away - losses v 4th, 5th and 15th, 16th.
- Unbeaten v the bottom 4.
- There are 3 points between 13th and 19th in the league. So tight is it that a win for Palace will catapult them out of the relegation zone.
- It is a surprise to see Palace bottom 3 given the impact of Woy Hodgson. No win in 5 though.
- Man Utd will be motivated to go 2nd. Failing to score in 2 away matches, I suspect this sequence will end today with a United goal. Note Palace did stumble against Arsenal and Tottenham and they actually tend to fail to score v the top 4 so United should not lose today (and we should expect them to score).
SPANISH LA LIGA
20:00 - Celta Vigo v Las Palmas - 1.46 Celta Vigo
- 3-1 and 2-5 Celta Vigo in the last 2 head to heads.
Celta Vigo (11th)
- Only 1 win in 5 matches saw 3 defeats come away from home.
- Only 5 clean sheets.
- Scored 2+ goals in each of their last 4 home matches.
- No 0-0.
- Only 1 0-0 at halftime at home.
- Not met bottom 4 at home yet but win, win, draw, win at home v 13th, 14th, 15th and 16th.
- Scored first in 9/12 at home.
Las Palmas (18th)
- 3 draws in 4 matches. 2 consecutive away 0-0's.
- Failed to score in 10 of their last 11 away matches.
- Failed to score in their last 6 away matches.
- 6 0-0's at halftime away (46.2% of matches).
- Not beaten a top 16 side away from home.
- 21 of 28 goals conceded away came 2nd half.
- Celta are scoring 2 goals in recent home matches and that should oblige for them today against a Las Palmas failing to score in 10 of their last 11 away matches.
- Based on Celta Vigo we lay the 0-0 in the halftime score market but Las Palmas have had nearly half of their away matches 0-0 at halftime so if you want to lay the 0-0 in the halftime score market, then delay 20+ minutes.
TURKISH SUPER LIG
17:00 - Trabzonspor v Besiktas - 2.2 Besiktas
- 0-2 Besiktas, 2-1 Besiktas, 3-4 Besiktas, 2-2 in the last 4 head to heads.
- Only 1 loss in 14 matches came v 2nd in the league , 0-1 last home match.
- Failed to score in 3 of their last 4 matches.
- Only 1 0-0 at home.
- 4 0-0's at halftime at home (36.4%).
- Only 2 wins home and away v top 10 teams.
- Beat 1st placed Galatasary 2-1 at home.
- 65% of goals scored at home came 2nd half.
- Only 3 defeats did come away.
- Failed to score in only 2 matches.
- Only 1 loss since 23rd October 2017.
- Only 1 win in 6 away.
- Scored in their last 10 matches.
- Scored and conceded in their last 5 away.
- Only 2 0-0's at halftime away (16.7%).
- Loss v 4th, draw v 5th, loss v 6th away. Vulnerable v 7th?
- Only 1 away win v top 13 scoring and conceded in 6 of 7 matches.
- A key match for Besiktas as Fenerbahce lost to their nemisis Akhisar last night. A win for Besiktas sees them within 3 points of the top 2 in the league.
- I do not like Besiktas form away from home. Only 1 win in 6 away, loss v 4th and 6th and playing 7th today.
- Both teams could score today. Besiktas certainly should score so if Trabzonspor are leading 1-0 late on, lay them.
- There is an argument for backing 2-1/1-2 pre match.
19:05 - Silkeborg v FC Midtjylland - 1.55 FC Midt
- 2-0 Midt in the last head to head.
- Only 1 loss in 6 matches came last match.
- Only 3 clean sheets.
- Scored in their last 8 at home and conceded in their last 5 at home.
- No 0-0.
- All defeats v top 4 teams home and away.
- No 0-0.
- Scored first in 9/11 at home.
- Go joint top with a win today.
- 13 wins, a draw and a loss last 15 matches. Loss came last match.
- The loss came v 1st in the league.
- 6 wins and a draw last 7 away.
- Failed to score first and last matches only this season.
- Scored in their last 10 away.
- No 0-0.
- 13 goals scored away last 30 mins of away matches.
- 2 defeats this season came v top team.
- FC Midt have failed to score only twice and I expect them to score today.
- I would lay any late 0-0.
- A strong motivator for FC Midt to win as they go joint top with a win.
- With Silkeborg scoring first in 9/11 at home I would lay Silkeborg should they score first.