The International Friendlies continue unabated and from a league perspective we are left with lower league English matches. I have researched a select group of English League One and English league Two. I hope you find the angles of use. Please remember these are leagues I do not touch in a normal busy Saturday. I have not researched any matches where the market leader is at odds of 2.4 or higher.
The Irish Leagues are still young. Dundalk are yet to concede a goal and they play a Sligo loving the Both teams to score. Who will out? There is no live chat this weekend. A rare weekend off for me. I'll do a DRT Shorties List as I think these will capture some of the more appealing Euro Championship and International Friendly matches. Shorties + In-play stats + in-play research = profits.
ENGLISH LEAGUE ONE
15:00 - Bradford v Gillingham - 2.16 Bradford
15:00 - Bury v Wigan - 1.73 Wigan
- 3-0 and 4-1 Wigan last 2 head to heads.
- 3 losses came last 5 matches.
- 10 0-0's at halftime at home.
- Only 2 0-0's at halftime at home.
- Only 1 win home and away v top 10 came at home v 2nd.
- Only 5 losses.
- 2-3-1-3 scored recently.
- Scored in their last 14 away.
- No 0-0 away.
- 100% wins v 14th and lower.100% clean sheets v 16th and lower.
- Strictly on form, expectation for a win to nil for Wigan who have been scoring 2/3 of late. So lay any lead from Bury.
- High % of 0-0 at halftime Bury so 0-0 halftime no surprise.
15:00 - Charlton v Plymouth - 2.22 Charlton
- 2-0 Plymouth in the last head to head.
- Only 1 win in 8 matches.
- 3 losses in 4 matches.
- Failed to score in 3 of their last 4.
- 7 1-0's at halftime at home and 6 0-0's.
- v top 8 at home, losses v 2nd and 3rd, draw v 7th and loss v 8th.
- 7 wins and a draw last 8 matches.
- Unbeaten in 8 away.
- Scored in their last 17 overall.
- Only 1 win v top 10 away came v 2nd.
- Plymouth and Charlton both struggle v top teams. On recent form though Plymouth have the momentum here, and have scored in their last 17 so expect a goal from them today at least.
- Other than that, tough to call. Recent form points to the away side.
15:00 - Fleetwood Town v Northampton - 1.98 Fleetwood
- 3-0 and 0-1 Fleetwood last 2 head to heads.
- Possible relegation six pointer.
- Only 1 win in 10 came last match.
- 7 defeats and 2 draws last 9 at home.
- No win in 11 at home.
- Scored and conceded last 7 at home.
- Only 3 0-0's at halftime at home (15.8%).
- Unbeaten at home v 14th and lower.
- 4 draws in 5 matches.
- Only 5 clean sheets.
- Conceded last 13 away.
- 4 0-0's at halftime away (22%).
- Scored and conceded in 10 of the last 12 away.
- A relegation six pointer by the looks of it. Northampton look bankers to concede at some point.
- Very strong both teams to score stats.
- And I would lay the 0-0 in the halftime score market.
- Fleetwood excellent unbeaten record v 14th and lower at home may swing it in their favour (do not discount the draw).
15:00 - Peterborough v Bristol Rovers - 2.14 Peterborough
- 4-2 and 1-4 Peterborough last 2 head to heads.
- Only 3 losses in 16 matches.
- Only 1 loss in 8 at home.
- No 0-0 at home.
- 6 wins, a 2-2 and a loss v 1st v top 10 at home. Solid. Scored 2+ goals in all bar 1 at home.
- 22 of 32 goals scored at home came 2nd half.
- Only 3 losses since 26th December 2017.
- All defeats v top 12 away.
- On season-long form, we are with Peterborough. Solid v top 10 v a Bristol Rovers with defeats away v top 12.
- Watch for 2nd half goals if 0-0 at halftime.
- Peterborough to score 2 goals again?
15:00 - Shrewsbury v AFC Wimbledon - 1.95 Shrewsbury
- 2-1 and 0-1 Shrewsbury in the last 2 head to heads.
- Only 3 losses since 9th December 2017.
- Only 1 win in 5 at home.
- No 0-0 at home.
- 6 0-0's at halftime at home (35%).
- Unbeaten at home v 12th and lower.
- 7 of 10 goals conceded at home came 2nd half.
- Scored first in 14/17 at home.
- Only 1 loss in 5.
- Only 1 win in 10 away.
- 8 0-0's at halftime away (42% of matches).
- Beat 1st 0-1 away but the only win away v top 9.
- Shrews should remain unbeaten against another side 12th and lower. Wimbledon did beat 1st away but that seems anomolous. Let that be your angle.
ENGLISH LEAGUE TWO
15:00 - Carlisle v Cambridge Utd - 2.2 Carlisle
15:00 - Coventry v Grimsby - 1.82 Coventry
- 0-2 Coventry last head to head in this league.
- 2 draws and 3 wins last 5 matches.
- 6 0-0's at halftime at home (33% of matches).
- 1-0, 1-0, 0-1, 1-0, 1-0 at home v 19th and lower.
- No win since 16th December 2017.
- 5 consecutive away defeats.
- Conceded last 16 and last 8 away.
- Conceded 2+ goals in each of their last 5 away.
- Only 1 win v top 7 home and away came away v 1st.
- Will this be another 1-0 Coventry win? I would certainly lay any Grimsby lead. They tend not to consistently score 2 goals away v top teams and are conceding 2 goals regularly.
15:00 - Forest Green v Mansfield - 2.06 Mansfield
- 2-0 Mansfield the last time these 2 met.
Forest Green (21st)
- 3 consecutive defeats.
- Scored and conceded in 7 of their last 8 matches.
- 5 consecutive wins at home until a loss last match.
- No home 0-0.
- 9 losses and a win v 7th in matches played at home v top 11.
- 4 consecutive 1-1's.
- Only 2 defeats since 17th October 2017.
- Unbeaten home and away v 16th and lower.
- 14 of 19 goals scored away came 2nd half.
- The form suggests Mansfield will not lose today. I would take a chance and lay any late 1-1. A long sequence.
- Forest Green are scoring and conceding and if scoring first, are layable. Rarely do they get that 2nd goal v top 11 at home.
15:00 - Morecambe v Lincoln - 2.08 Lincoln
- Only 1 loss in 7 matches.
- v top 7 at home, Loss, Draw, Win, Loss, Loss, Win,Win. Inconsistent.
- 9 goals scored and 8 conceded last 15 mins at home.
- Only 3 defeats since 25th November 2017.
- Scored and conceded in last 5.
- Not led at halftime away.
- Unbeaten record away v 16th and lower.
- 17 of 21 goals scored away came 2nd half.
- On form, Lincoln have an excellent unbeaten record v 16th and lower, and play 18th today. Faith in this piece of form?
- The problem here is Eric Morecambe are inconsistent v top 7 at home. 3 wins!! 3 losses! How will they play today?
- Strong 2nd half scoring for Lincoln. Highly likely to score 2nd half if not first half.
- Which way to you go with Morecambe? Yes they can win v top 7 but also lose! Are you more taken by that Lincoln unbeaten run?
15:00 - Wycombe v Port Vale - 1.85 Wycombe
- 1-1 and 2-3 Wycombe in the last 2 head to heads.
- Only 2 losses in 13 matches.
- 2 losses and a draw last 3 at home.
- Conceded in their last 7 away.
- 21% 0-0's at halftime at home.
- Only 1 loss v 8th and lower at home.
- 3-2-2-3-3-3-1-3 scored at home v 15th and lower.
- 67% of goals conceded at home came 2nd half.
Port Vale (20th)
- No win in 13.
- Scored and conceded last 5 away. Conceded last 11 away.
- 21% 0-0's at halftime away.
- All defeats away v top 4.
- Wycombe should be shorter on form. And they have 2+ goals in them at home v 15th and lower. Continue that and Port Vale are layable if scoring first.
- 21% 0-0's halftime suggests we lay the 0-0 in the halftime score market.
18:45 - Telstar v Waalwijk - 1.58 Telstar
- 0-4 and 4-1 Waalwijk last 2 head to heads yet Telstar overwhelming favourite.
- Only 2 losses in 14 matches.
- Scored and conceded in their last 10 and last 6 at home.
- Scored 2 + goals in each of their last 6 at home.
- 2+ goals scored at home v 7th and lower.
- 20 of 26 goals conceded at home came 2nd half.
- Only 2 wins in 14 matches.
- No win in 14 away.
- Not led at halftime away.
- 21 of 29 goals conceded away came 1st half.
- Waalwijk strong wins should end today v Telstar. On season-long form, Telstar are likely to score 2+ goals today and that should be enough v Waalwijk. Both teams may score with Waalwijk on form unlikely to win.
- Lay the 0-0 in the halftime score market based on Waalwijk's concession rate first half away.
19:45 - Sligo Rovers v Dundalk - 1.52 Dundalk
- Very early in the Irish Premier League Season. We do have an odds on favourite so a quick peak at games played may reveal an angle.
- Dundalk are yet to concede this season.3 0-0's and 3 wins in 6 matches.
- In stark contrast Sligo have scored and conceded in their last 5 matches, winning 2.
- Will this be the day that Dundalk concede? A match of contrasts. Most certainly if Sligo score first, they have to be layed here. With such a strong defence, Dundalk should keep them to a single goal.
19:30 - Longford v Athlone - 1.09 Longford
- 2-3-2 goals scored by Longford in 3 matches, but only 1 win, and they did concede 2+ goals in 2 matches
- 4 consecutive defeats for Athlone.
- Athlone are yet to keep a clean sheet. The market has emphatically sided with Longford and the odds suggest 3/4 goals. They certainly have 2 goals in them.