Austria, Switzerland and Denmark's leagues are just beginning, but will be good trading vehicles once they have fleshed out so it is a largely Scandinavian look to the coupon today. The tennis will have to take a back seat at the weekend as the work load, football-wise, increases markedly.
14:00 - Djurgardens v Ostersunds FK - 1.98 Djurgardens
- In the last 3 head to heads, the home team has won.
- This is 7th v 5th in the Swedish Allsvenskan.
- Only 5 defeats.3 of which came last 6 matches.
- 4 wins in 5 at home though.
- Failed to score in only 3 matches.
- Scored and conceded in 6 of their last 7 matches.
- Only losses at home v top 3.
- No 0-0 at home.
- Only 1 loss in 12 was v Malmo.
- Scored and conceded in 11 of the last 13 matches.
- Failed to score only twice.
- Only 1 win away v top 14.
- No away 0-0.
- On the face of it, Ostersunds has the better recent form but are poor away.
- There is a feel that both teams could score today which is why I would be keen to back the 2-1 and 1-2 scorelines. I tend to trade out of both if lucky enough to see a 1-1.
- Lay any late 0-0.
15:00 - Dundee United v Cowdenbeath - 1.22 Dundee United
- Championship v League Two in this Scottish League Cup match.
- 6-1 Dundee United last year tells you what to expect today.
- 2 consecutive wins for Cowdenbeath albeit v League One and Football League teams. This is a step up.
- Dundee United really should be scoring at least 2 goals today and winning. I would be keen to lay Cowdenbeath if they lead at any stage.
16:30 - IFK Goteborg v Orebro - 1.7 IFK
- IFK has scored 2 goals at least in each of the last 8 head to heads. Orebro has scored 2 goals at least in each of the last 3 head to heads.
- This is 11th v 10th in the Swedish Allsvenskan.
- All 4 defeats came away from home.
- 5 1-1 draws at home is leaking points.
- No 0-0.
- Scored first in 4 of 6 home matches.
- 4 wins in 5 matches.
- Only 3 clean sheets.
- All away defeats have come v top 9 teams.
- 3 first half goals and 13 second half goals in Orebro away match.
- Head to heads are emphatic here and tell us IFK should score 2 goals at least, but home form for IFK tells us 1-1 is a recurring theme.
- IFK tend to score first and I would speculatively lay them if they do score first only given those 1-1's.
- Orebro may be competitive today given their losses away tend to come v top 9 sides.
- I would consider 2-2 as a trading angle today in the correct score market given the history of the teams.
16:30 - RoPS v SJK - 2.14 SJK
- RoPS have a very poor record when SJK come to visit.
- This is 9th v 8th in the Finnish Veikkausliiga.
- 3 consecutive score draws are the only draws of the season.
- 2-2 last home match the only draw at home.
- No 0-0.
- Unbeaten v 6th and lower at home.
- No draw in 7.
- 0-0-2-0-0-1-2 goals scored in recent matches.
- Only 1 win v top 10 away.
- I am not keen on this Finnish League. Here we have an SJK team competitive when they meet RoPS but RoPS are unbeaten this season at home v 6th and lower, scoring 2 goals regularly.
- Go with head to heads (SJK not to lose), or recent form (RoPS to score at least 2 goals)?
- I would take a chance and lay any late score draw. 3 consecutive score draws now for RoPS.
16:30 - Kalmar FF v AFC Utd - 1.86 Kalmar
- 2-1 AFC in the only recent relevant head to head.
- This is 15th v 16th in the Swedish Allsvenkan (the bottom 2).
- 8 defeats in 9 matches.
- No draw in 10 matches.
- Wins at home v 13th and 14th suggests they could actually be competitive today.
- Tend to score most first half and concede most second half at home.
- Only 1 win came last match .....v Kalmar!
- 6 consecutive away defeats.
- Conceded in each of their last 8 away.
- 15 of 19 goals conceded away came 2nd half.
- Another Swedish puzzler. Recent form sees AFC beat Kalmar albeit at home.
- Kalmar themselves at home tend to beat bottom 4 sides and meet same today.
- This is not a match I can get enthused about.
16:30 - HJK v PS Kemi - 1.17 HJK
- 2-0, 0-1, 0-2 HJK wins in the last 3 head to heads. Not reflective of a 1.17 shot.
- This is 1st v 10th in the Finnish Veikkausliiga.
- Only 1 defeat.
- 2 consecutive 1-1 draws albeit away.
- 4 consecutive home wins to nil.
- No defeat in 11.
- Scored 2+ goals in each of their last 4 home matches.
- 100% over 1.5 goals at home.
- Only 1 goal conceded at home.
- No win in 5.
- 3 consecutive away defeats.
- No draw in 8 away.
- Have lost to nil v top 5 away.
- 2-0 looks a starting point today. Should PS score and lead, I would be backing HJK.
- Normally 1.17 odds suggests 3/4 goals but HJK has been doing just enough to win to nil. With PS failing to score in 3 consecutive away defeats, a win to nil looks on the cards today.
17:00 - Dundalk v Shamrock Rovers - 1.58 Dundalk
- 2-1 Dundalk at home and 2-1 Shamrock at home in the last 2 head to heads.
- This is 2nd v 5th in the Irish Premier Division.
- Only 1 draw was a 0-0.
- 5 consecutive wins.
- All wins at home v 5th and lower.
- Failed to score only twice.
- No draw in 10 away.
- All defeats away v top 4 saw both teams score.
- Both teams to score and Dundalk not to lose looks the call here today.
- Lay any late draw too.
- Lay Shamrock if Shamrock lead at any stage in this match.