Not the most inspiring set of matches this International Break. There are 2 matches with potential for goals before halftime but confidence is tempered by the fact we are not plundering Elite Leagues. I have done a shorties list today which I feel is the best way to work today.
ENGLISH LEAGUE ONE
16:00 - Portsmouth v Oxford - 1.93 Portsmouth
- 3-0 Oxford last head to head.
- 4 defeats in 6 matches.
- No win in 6 at home.
- Conceded in their last 8 at home.
- Conceded 2+ goals in each of their last 4 at home.
- Only 1 loss in 9 at home v 15th and lower.
- only 2 wins in 9 matches
- losses away v 4th, 5th, 9th and wins away v 6th, 7th, 8th. Tough to read
- 17 of 23 goals scored away came 2nd half
- As is typical of these lower leagues it seems any one team can beat the other on their day.
- On form Portsmouth like meeting 15th and lower but lost convincingly v Oxford earlier in the season. Are you taken by their only 1 loss in 9 at home v 15th and lower?
- But then Oxfrod have 3 wins and 3 defeats v top 9. So what is it to be v 10th?
- I would note strong 2nd half scoring Oxford if 0-0 at halftime. Other than that, tough to call.
ENGLISH LEAGUE TWO
13:30 - Chesterfield v Notts County - 2.22 Notts County
- 2-0 Notts County last head to head.
- Only 1 win in 7.
- 4 defeats in their last 5 at home.
- Beat 1st and 5th at home but lost to 2nd.
Notts County (4th)
- Only 1 loss in 7 matches.
- Only 1 win in 7 away.
- Good record v 18th and lower with only 1 loss in 11 matches home and away.
- On overall form, it looks as if Notts County will be unbeaten v another side 18th and lower. Good recent form too.
- Again though we see a struggler beating top 5 teams at home. They meet another today who, as I say, look in the better form and we should side with them.
- Lay any 0-0 at halftime. Strong conceding away both teams.
DUTCH EERSTE DIVISIE
13:30 - Almere City v Emmen - 2.42 Emmen
- 3-1 Almere and 2-2 last 2 head to heads.
Almere City (12th)
- 7 losses in their last 8 matches.
- Scored and conceded in 17 of their last 19 matches.
- Only 1 clean sheet.
- Dcored in their last 14 at home.
- Only 2 0-0's at halftime at home.
- Tend to lose to top 5 but did beat 2nd at home 3-2.
- Only 2 losses in 18 matches.
- Scored in their last 6 away.
- Only 2 0-0's at halftime away.
- Only away losses v 15th-17th.
- Almere do tend to concede 2/3 goals v top 5 teams. Will that extend to 6th? Do expect Almere to concede -only 1 clean sheet.
- Emmen themselves tend to concede 2 goals away but have gone out of it with a couple of 2-2's.
- I will expect Emmen not to lose, even if conceding 2 goals.
- Lay the 0-0 in the halftime score market.
13:30 - Dordrecht v Go Ahead Eagles - 2.1 Dordrecht
- 0-3 Dordrecht most recent head to head.
- 8 wins in their last 11 matches.
- 4 wins and a 2-3 loss last 5 at home.
- No draw in 20.
- Scored last 12 matches.
- Only 2 0-0's at halftime at home.
- Unbeaten at home v 11th and lower.
- 70% of goals conceded and 60% of goals scored at home came 2nd half.
Go Ahead eagles (18th)
- Only 1 loss in 5 matches.
- Only 5 clean sheets.
- 3 0-0's at halftime away (20%).
- Only 2 away wins.
- On the very basis that Go Ahead do not tend to win away, lay them if they score first. Dordrecht are scoring regularly.
- Small % 0-0's at halftime so lay the 0-0 in the halftime score market.
- Expectation for Dordrecht not to lose.
13:30 - Jong Ajax v Jong AZ Alkmaar - 1.3 Jong Ajax
- 4-2 Jong AZ last head to head.
Jong Ajax (1st)
- Only 3 losses in 16 matches.
- 7 wins in 8 at home.
- Scored 2+ goals in 8 of their last 10 matches.
- Failed to score only twice.
- No draw in 11 at home.
- Only 1 0-0 at halftime at home.
- 9 wins, a draw and a loss v 9th and lower at home.
- 11 of 14 goals conceded away came 2nd half.
Jong AZ (15th)
- Only 1 loss in 8.
- Only 3 clean sheets but kept 2 in their last 3 matches.
- No draw in 15 away.
- Lost v 3rd and 4th away and beat 5th and 6th away.
- Lay any late draw while these 2 keep avoiding draws recently.
- Jong Ajax highly likely to score and score 2+ goals if recent pattern can continue.
- Jong AZ have kept 2 clean sheets recently but only 3 all season. They should be vulnerable to at least 2 goals today so lay Jong AZ if they score first.
13:30 - Volendam v Den Bosch - 1.78 Volendam
- 2-1 Volendam and 3-1 Den Bosch last 2 head to heads.
- All 5 defeats this year came away.
- Scored 2+ goals in 8 of their last 9 at home.
- Conceded 2+ goals in each of their last 5 matches.
- Only 1 home loss v 7th and lower.
Den Bosch (10th)
- Only 2 losses in 7 matches.
- No win in 8 away.
- Conceded in their last 8 away.
- v 9th and lower away, only 1 loss but 6 score draws.
- Score draw seems best case today for Den Bosch so work along those lines. If Volendam continue scoring 2 goals, lay any Den Bosch lead.