The Cup matches were as hard to call as ever. And in Spain we saw why the first leg of a two legged set of matches makes life difficult. Teams always have the second leg in which to stage a recovery. Atl Madrid lost yesterday. Barcelona lost to Espanyol. But they will not be concerned with a one goal deficit. So a note of warning to you today. Real Madrid may tolerate a draw or a one-goal loss as the second leg is at home. The weekend gets busier and I hope to actually do a live chat webinar on Saturday (technical aspects notwithstanding). This will cover German Bundesliga to the end of the 15:00 English kick-offs. It will give you a glimpse into how I make decisions in play. And don't forget the DRT e-letter tomorrow!
20:30 - Leganes v Real Madrid - 1.37 Real Madrid
- This is the first leg of a Copa Del Rey match.
- Recent copa form for Leganes saw wins home and away v Valladolid, a 1-0 home win v Villareal and a 2-1 loss v Villareal in the second leg.
- 5 wins in 6 home matches for Leganes in the cup. 2 consecutive 1-0 home wins v Villadolid and Villareal.
- Real Madrid have only 1 win in 5 matches. 2 2-2 draws and a 0-1 loss to Villareal recently in all competitions.
- In 9 of 10 cup matches, Real Madrid scored 2 goals +
- 2-2, 0-2, 2-2, 0-3, 2-2 in their last 5 cup matches.
- 3-2-2-3 goals scored by Real in their last 4 away copa matches.
- A first leg is not a must win, particularly form a team such as Real Madrid who will have the second leg at home.
- In the context of Real Madrid's poor recent form, expect them to start off strongly here, worse case a score draw. Will they continue to score 2 goals at least?