For a cup night (generally speaking), there were some interesting angles. I hope you layed Celta Vigo on 2 occasions as they led 1-0 and 2-1 in a match Real Madrid ideally needed to win. It ended 2-2. I was happy with my Leeds analysis. 0-0 at halftime, 2-0 fulltime. Well, well, well! Southampton tend to avoid draws in the league cup....and how! I hope you layed the late draw given the amazing stat from the research. 91st minute 0-1 keeps Saints away from the draw!
It is another quiet day today. We have 2 second leg matches today and it is difficult to read teams who have strong first leg leads, going into the second leg. Real Madrid was a perfect example yesterday. A strong first leg lead means that they did not need to win the second leg, and indeed they didn't.
19:30 - Eupen v Standard - 1.91 Standard
- 2 consecutive 3-0 Standard wins in head to heads, one was in a friendly.
- This is the Belgian Pro League.
Eupen 100% stats
- No clean sheets.
- Not led a home match at halftime.
Eupen other stats
- 5 wins this season saw both teams score.
- Conceded at least 2 goals in 9 of 11 home matches.
- 6 home matches have seen a likelihood of 2-2 at some point in the match or as a full time score.
- Scored 2 goals at least at home in 6 of 9 matches v top 12.
Standard Liege 100% stats
- No 0-0 away.
- No away match with exactly 2 goals.
Standard Liege other stats
- Conceded in their last 10 matches and last 6 away.
- Scored and conceded last 4 away.
- No win in 6 away matches.
- 4 2-2 scorelines away.
- Only 1 away win but unbeaten home and away v teams 8th and lower (Eupen are 13th).
- I must back 2-2 here pre match given what I see from both sides as far as scoring and conceding at least 2 goals is concerned. I will back this as a trading angle and hope for a 2-1/1-2 scoreline to allow me to trade out.
- Given the above, both teams are highly likely to score. Given the expectation for goals, lay the 0-0 in the halftime score market.
19:45 - Vitesse v Feyenoord - 1.85 Feyenoord
- This is the Dutch Cup between 2 Dutch Eredivisie teams.
- Feyenoord have won the last 3 head to heads.
Vitesse overall stats
- Only 1 loss in their last 9 matches was a 3-1 loss to...Feyenoord.
- Unbeaten in 5 home matches. 3 wins in their last 4 home matches.
Vitesse cup stats
- Only 1 loss in 8 matches.
- 6 wins and a loss to Ajax in their last 7 home matches.
Feyenoord overall stats
- 6 consecutive wins, 4 were to nil.
- 3 consecutive away wins to nil.
Feyenoord cup stats
- 7 wins and 2 draws in their last 9 matches.5 consecutive wins.
- A pretty poor away run of cup matches.
- Only 1 win in their last 10 away matches in the cup. 4 of those matches went to extra time.
- Feyenoord recently beat Vitesse 3-1 and are obviously the best team of the 2. What I am worried about is Feyenoord's away record in the cup.
- Dare we lay Feyenoord if Feyenoord score first only because of that poor cup away record? Tough to call given that Feyenoord are clearly the better team,
19:45 - HuII v Man Utd - 1.55 Man Utd
- This is the 2nd leg of the League Cup between these 2. Man Utd won 2-0 in the first leg.
- Man Utd only need to avoid a 3-0 defeat today. A 2-0 Hull scoreline will take this match into extra time.
- Man Utd can afford a 0-0 or a 1-0 defeat today and still progress in this league cup.
20:15 - BarceIona v Sociedad - 1.29 Barca
- This is the second leg of the Copa Del Rey where Barcelona took a 0-1 lead from the first leg care of a penalty.
- The last 3 head to heads have been very tight with a 1-0 Real win, 1-1 and 0-1 Barca win.
- 10 wins and a 0-0 draw for Barcelona in their last 11 home matches in the Copa Del Rey.
- In their last 13 cup matches, Sociedad have won only 3 of their matches.
- Barcelona can afford a 0-0 today and still progress. They have a superb home record in the Copa Del Rey and I do expect a home win. Lay Sociedad if Sociedad score first although in real terms this will be an aggregate draw.