It's nice to see the return of league football. It augurs well for the weekend. Only 3 matches today and not the best in the world. Blackburn look obvious favourites, Gillingham's match is not so readable, and Aves look worthy favourites.
ENGLISH LEAGUE ONE
19:45 - Blackburn Rovers v Bradford City - 1.55 Blackburn
- 0-1 Blackburn Rovers in the last head to head.
Blackburn Rovers (3rd)
- Only 5 losses.
- 5 wins and a 2-2 last 6 matches.
- No defeat in 16 at home.
- Scored 1+ in last 16 at home.
- Scored 2+ goals in their last 7 and last 5 at home.
- 4 0-0's at halftime at home (21%).
- Unbeaten at home v top 14.
- Only 1 loss home and away v top 10.
- Only 1 win in 11 matches. 1-0-0-0-1 scored recently.
- 5 defeats and a 1-1 last 6 away matches.
- Conceded in each of their last 9 away matches.
- Beat 1st, 2nd, 6th and 8th away.
- We see it a lot in these leagues. Teams capable of beating top teams yet on an extremely poor current run. Welcome to the world of Bradford, beating 1st, 2nd and 6th away from home yet with only 1 win in 11, 5 defeats in 6 away and 1-0-0-0-1 scored.
- Do expect Blackburn to score and 2+ is not out of bounds. I would expect a win if they score 2 goals.
19:45 - Gillingham v MK Dons - 2.36 Gillingham
- Not odds which appeal but in quiet day, and with this being English football, I will research.
- 2 consecutive MK Dons wins in head to heads.
- Only 2 wins in 8 matches came away from home.
- Unbeaten in 9 at home.
- 9 0-0's at halftime at home (52%).
- Only 1 defeat at home v 11th and lower came v 21st.
- Scored and conceded at home v bottom 4.
- 17 of 20 goals scored at home came 2nd half.
MK Dons (22nd)
- 2 wins and a 0-0 last 3 matches. The wins came at home.
- No win in 12 away.
- All 3 away wins came without conceding.
- 11 of 15 goals scored away came 1st half.
- A 0-0 at halftime would not surprise but a 0-0 at fulltime would. MK Dons need the points.
- Gillingham have only 1 loss v 11th and lower at home.
- Another toughie to call so just the 0-0 angle.
20:00 - Aves v Vitoria Setabul - 2.06 Aves
- 1-1 and 0-1 Aves in the last 2 head to heads.
- A run of 5 unbeaten ended with 2 consecutive away defeats.
- 3 consecutive clean sheets at home.
- 3 home wins came v 7th, 10th and 12th.
- No win in 13 away matches.
- Conceded in all of those 13 away and conceded 2+ goals in each of their last 5 away.
- Only won 1 match at halftime away.
- Score draws away v 11th, 12th and 14th.
- It looks advantage Aves today. A good run of clean sheets at home is a firm enough foundation. If Setabul score first, lay them. No win away for them and best case seems to be score draws v 11th - 14th inclusive away.