It is so tough to get trading angles into these Europa League matches. I have done basic research. If up and about online at 16:00, and if I have a solid in-play stats feed, I'll pass on any possible angles.
UEFA EUROPA LEAGUE
16:00 - Alashkert v Sutjeska - 2.1 Alashkert
- 0-1 Alashkert from the first leg. Advantage them with that away goal.
- Sutjeska did not last long in the Champions League. With 2 consecutive 1-0 home wins for Alashkert, Sutjeska might not last long in the Europa League.
- I could foresee a 1-0 here today. Sutjeska must score but look limited. A 0-0 does for Alashkert too.
16:00 - KF Laci v Molde - 1.64 Molde
- Albania v Norway and a comprehensive 3-0 Molde win in the first leg. An away goal should knock the stuffing out of KF Laci.
- I would still expect Molde to win even if they don't need to win.
16:30 - AEK Larnaca v Dundalk - 1.79 AEK
- 0-0 from the first leg. A great display from Dundalk. It is actually advantage Dundalk today. An away goal has AEK Larnaca requiring 2 goals.
- 2 consecutive 0-0's for AEK. I tend to take on 0-0 sequences. I would lay any late 0-0.
- The problem with Dundalk is that AEK are on a 4 match home clean sheet run in the Europa League, including a 1-0 win over Cork City.
- Against the odds, Dundalk beat Levadia home and away. Last in 2016, we saw 2 2-1 defeats for Dundalk
- I fear for Dundalk today if that AEK 1-0 v Cork is true form. Possible scorelines ? 1-0/ 0-1 and 2-1 (if Dundalk score and AEK score their necessary 2 goals).
16:30 - Trencin v Gornik Zabrze - 1.79 Trencin
- 0-1 Trencin from the first leg. That precious away goal. Gornik must score first today to pressurise that 1-0 lead.
- Slovakia v Poland here. There is no way I can unravel this one and must take my cues from the odds and the in-play stats.
17:00 - Dinamo Minsk v Dunajska Streda - 2.4 Dinamo Minsk
- 1-3 Dinamo Minsk. 3 away goals for Minsk should put this match to bet. Dunajska need to score 3 away goals.
- The market is unclear regarding Minsk's attitude towards this match.
- With a need for goals, I would back over 2.5 goals if the match is 0-0 after 20 minutes.
17:00 - Flora Tallinn v APOEL - 1.48 APOEL
- 5-0 APOEL from the first leg. As I said regarding Genk and Sevilla, APOEL may simply win today given the obvious gap in form between the teams.
17:00 - Slavia Sofia v Hajduk Split - 2.16 Hajduk Split
- 1-0 Hajduk Split in the first round.
- Slavia need a goal. If Hajduk score, Slavia need 2 goals.
17:00 - Trakai v Partizan Belgrade - 1.66 Partizan Belgrade
- 1-0 Partizan from the first leg. An away goal requires Trakai to score 3 goals.
- The market fancies Partizan. Let the in-play stats confirm this.
17:00 - Valletta v Zrinjski - 2.82 Valletta
- 2.82 the favourite in the Europa League. No thanks.
17:30 - Lillestrom v LASK Linz - 2.42 LASK
18:00 - AIK v FC Nordsjaelland - 1.65 AIK
- 1-0 FC Nord in the first leg.
- The market expects a fight back from the Swedes at AIK. They must score first. An away goal for FC Nords requires AIK to score 3 more.
18:00 - Admira Wacker v CSKA Sofia - 2.16 CSKA
- 3-0 CSKA Sofia should be enough here to take them through this 2-legged match.
- Admira Wacker are an Austrian side whose league has just begun.
18:00 - Apollon Limassol v Zeljeznicar - 1.37 Apollon
- 1-2 Apollon from the first leg. 2 away goals should be enough insurance to see them through.
- The market is certainly with the Cypriots today.
- A closer look at the scoreline shows Apollon's first goal was an own goal. Their 2nd goal came in the 79th minute. Zelj scored a 90th minute goal.
- Is this match tighter than the odds suggest?
- Back 0-0 pre-match given the first goal in the first leg was a 79th minute goal?
18:00 - Illychivets v Djurgardens - 2.16 Djurgardens
- 1-1 from the first leg. Away goal for Illychivets. A 0-0 does for them today. Djurgardens simply must score today.
- Take on any late 0-0?
18:00 - FC Vaduz v Zalgiris - 2.02 FC Vaduz
- 1-0 Zalgiris from the first leg. They kept a clean sheet so if scoring an away goal will require Vaduz to score 3 goals.
- As things stand, Vaduz need to score 2 goals in order to progress in the simplest way possible.
18:00 - Lincoln Red Imps v The New Saints - 2.5 Lincoln Red Imps
- 2-1 TNS from the first leg. The market cannot split these 2 sides. In-play stats may.
18:00 - Progres Niedercorn v Budapest Honved - 2.5 Progres
- 1-0 Honved from the first leg. If they score another goal, Progres will need to score 3 goals to progress.
- Progres need to score 2 goals to no reply today.
18:00 - Sparta Prague v FK Spartak - 1.2 Sparta
- 2-0 FK Spartak in the first leg.
- A match well worth following. The market says that this match is not over and that Sparta Prague will win and get that deficit back.
- Sparta Prague need to score 4 goals ideally today, as insurance against an away goal concession.
18:15 - Atromitos v Dinamo Brest - 1.76 Atromitos
- 4-3 Brest from the first leg. A 4-0 lead for Dinamo Brest ended with a 3 goal haul for Atromitos in the 74th, 80th and 89th minute.
- How on earth do we unravel this one?
- Atromitos must win today.
18:30 - Slovan Bratislava v Balzan - 1.17 Slovan
- 2-1 Balzan from the first leg. That away goal has Slovan Bratislava chomping at the bit. The market sees that Balzan 2-1 lead as not representative of the teams' true abilities. The market expects Slovan Bratislava to score 3+ goals today.
19:00 - Asteras Tripolis v Hibernian - 1.74 Asteras
- 3-2 Hibs from the first leg. Hibs were 0-2 down and scored their 3 goals from the 64th minute onwards.
- This match is tough to call.A 1-0 will do for Asteras today given they scored those 2 away goals.
19:00 - Besiktas v B36 Torshavn - 1.06 Besiktas
- 0-2 Besiktas in the first leg, 2 away goals, 2 first half goals.
- The Faroe Islanders of B36 really should not have a prayer now Besiktas are at home.
- 1.06 odds suggests 3/4 goals at least from Besiktas.
19:00 - FC Copenhagen v Stjarnan - 1.33 FC Copenhagen
- 0-2 Copenhagen in the first leg. 2 away goals should secure qualification.
- As with Genk yesterday and the likes of Sevilla today, I do think Copenhagen will win today, even if they do not need to win. Do remember, they can tolerate a 0-1 defeat and still progress.
19:00 - Vikingur Gota v Torpedo Kutaisi - 2.58 Vikingur
- 2.58 the odds - no thanks.
19:00 - Vitesse v Viitorul Constanta - 1.42 Vitesse
- Netherlands v Romania.2-2 from the first leg. Viitorul led 2-0 at home until 2 2nd half goals from Vitesse.
- The market is with the dutch side today to be a little less careless.
19:15 - NK Maribor v Chikhura Sachkhere - 1.31 NK
- 0-0 from the first leg. Advantage Chikhura here if they can score that away goal, NK must reply with 2 goals.
- Note the market confidence is squarely with NK Maribor here. Justify that via the in-play stats.
19:15 - Sarajevo v Atalanta - 1.39 Atalanta
- It was all going as expected in the first leg. 2-0 Atalanta lead is what I would have expected of an Italian Seria A side. But then Sarajevo scored 67th and 72nd minute goals - away goals.
- It is difficult to gauge Sarajevo here. All things being equal, Atalanta really should be winning this with the apparent ease they were doing it at home, at 2-0.
19:30 - Domzale v FC Ufa - 2.54 Domzale
- Another match where the market puts me off.
19:30 - FCSB v Rudar - 1.26 FCSB
- 0-2 FCSB in the first leg should signal game over. 2 away goals and a market thoroughly with the home team.
- Rudar need a 0-2, a 0-3 or 1-3 will see them progress.
19:45 - AZ Alkmaar v Kairat Almaty - 1.41 AZ
- A shock 2-0 Kairat lead in the first leg of this match. A shock because, if you were following me on twitter, I was extremely impressed by AZ Alkmaar's shots on targets/off targets and corners. AZ's dominance - apparent dominance - suggested they would win.
- If AZ, with home advantage today, dominate and convert where they could not convert last time, they should get this 2 goal deficit back. They are walking a tightrope. If Kairat score, AZ will need to score 3 goals.
- A chance o 0-0, 3-1, 2-0 as trading angles?
19:45 - Bordeaux v FK Ventspils - 1.12 Bordeaux
- A 0-1 away goal win for Bordeaux.
- The market expects the French side to beat the Latvian side.
- 1.12 odds suggests 3/4 goals from Bordeaux today
19:45 - Burnley v Aberdeen - 1.45 Burnley
- It's 1-1 from the first leg. Burnley got that away goal.
- Whenever I see an English Premier League side v a Scottish Premier League side, I have to side with the English Premier League side.
- Scottish football simply lacks the competitiveness of the EPL. It would be a shock for me were Aberdeen to win today. I would lay them if they scored first.
19:45 - FC Drita v F91 Dudelange - 2.32 F91
- No thanks. In-play stats or nothing.
19:45 - La Fiorita v Spartaks Jurmala - 1.36 Spartaks Jurmala
- 6-0 Spartaks. The question, as with the other matches where the first leg scoreline is so emphatic, is how the leading side will play. Obviously Spartaks are on a different level to La Fiorita. They don't need to win.
19:45 - Lech Poznan v Shakhter Soligorsk - 1.45 Lech
- It's 1-1 from the first leg. An away goal for the Polish side Lech Poznan who I suggested in the first leg were the side to be with.
- Had you followed that, then you'd have looked for a Lech Poznan equaliser after they conceded first. They did equalise in the 89th minute. Hardly emphatic.
- The market is with the Poles today.
19:45 - Rangers v Osijek - 1.96 Rangers
- 0-1 Rangers from the first leg. That precious away goal. Stevie G will be delighted.
- 4 clean sheets in 5 Europa League matches now for Rangers (some under different management).
- In the Europa League at home, over time, Rangers have not conceded that 2nd goal.
- 2 consecutive home clean sheet wins.
- Eye-catchingly, PSV lost 1-0 home and away to Osijek in the Europa League.
- Rangers simply have to stop Osijek from scoring 2 goals today. 5 consecutive clean sheets in all competitions for Rangers suggests they could do this.
19:45 - Sarpsborg v St Gallen - 2.46 Sarpsborg
- 2.46 the favourite - no thanks unless the in-play stats reveal.
20:00 - Crusaders v Olimpija - 1.74 Olimpija
- 5-1 Olimpija from the first leg. Another match where they do not need to win and are by far the better side. Crusaders cling to an away goal.
20:00 - Radnicki Nis v Maccabi Tel Aviv - 2.42 Maccabi
- 2.42 the favourite. In-play stats.
20:00 - Rio Ave v Jagiellonia Bialystock - 1.74 Rio Ave
- 1-0 Jagiellonia from the first leg. Advantage them with no away goal conceded.
- Rio Ave must score first and they will be eyeing 2 goals at least.
- Rio Ave have only the one win in the Europa League over time. They were last in the Europa League in 2016 at home.
- Only 2 losses for Jagiellonia in the Europa League over the years. The eternal conundrum with the Europa League is how to gauge the teams Jagiellonia have played well against, as against today's opponents - a mid-level team from Portugal.
- Welcome to the Europa League.
20:00 - Ujpest v Sevilla - 1.35 Sevilla
- Sevilla were the banker bet of the first round. They take this competition seriously. Not something we can say of many teams from Elite European leagues.
- A comprehensive 4-0 Sevilla win first round. As with Genk yesterday away at Fola Esch, these 2 sides operate on different levels. It would not surprise me to see a comprehensive Sevilla win today despite not needing to win. Genk won 1-4 yesterday despite utter dominance in their home leg.
- This is pre-season so Sevilla will welcome the work-out.
20:15 - Hafnarfjordur v Hapoel Haifa - 2.62 Hapoel
- In-play stats for me here. 2.62 the favourite - no thanks
21:00 - Valur v FC Santa Coloma - 1.11 Valur
- Iceland v Andorra. 1-0 FC Santa Coloma first leg looks a shock result given the lurch in the market towards Valur.
- The market expects the Icelandic side to score 3/4 goals today and turn this tie around.
19:00 - Helsingborgs v Norrby IF - 1.28 Helsingborgs
- 0-1 Helsingborgs in the last head to head.
- Could go top with a win.
- A draw and 3 consecutive wins last 4 matches.
- Failed to score in only 1 match.
- 5 consecutive home wins.
- Scored in their last 13 matches.
- Unbeaten outside of the top 5.
- 10 of 13 goals scored at home came 2nd half.
- 2 consecutive defeats after 2 consecutive wins.
- 3 losses in 4 away matches.
- 0-0 away v 1st and 0-2 away v 3rd.
- Very interesting Norrby form v the top 3 away. Yet to concede a goal. You value seekers would see that Helsingborgs 1.28 odds as far too short to back, and thus very layable.
- The problem is that Helsingborgs are unbeaten home and away outside of the top 5, and have scored in their last 13 matches.
- Are you the value seeker or the....realist? Helsingborgs really should win. Note they score a huge percentage of goals 2nd half so if they have not score by halftime, keep the faith?