Only one match of interest last night involved Shamrock Rovers. A 0-0 at halftime which I hope you took on based on the basic research.
Today the lesser leagues shine in this International Break. I will do some research on League One and the Scottish Championship. Caveat....these are leagues you rarely see in the DRT Bulletin! League Two sees 3 matches with favourites at about 2.4 odds or bigger. That does not interest me.
19:45 - Rochdale v Fleetwood Town - 1.93 Rochdale
- 0-0 and 2-2 in the last 2 head to heads.
- Bottom 2 so how reliable are they and why are they odds on favourites?
- 2 wins and 2 draws last 4 matches so an effort to survive this league.
- 5 draws and a loss last 6 home matches.
- 5 clean sheets in their last 8 matches.
- 9 0-0's at halftime at home (60%).
- 100% draws at home v 16th and lower. Is this a sequence to end this evening? It is extremely difficult to continue this 6 match sequence.
- 10 of 12 goals conceded at home came 2nd half.
- 3 draws, 2 were 1-1.
- No win in 9 matches.
- Scored and conceded in 9 of the last 11 matches.
- 8 0-0's at halftime away (47%).
- Win away v 19th, 21st, 24th, and loss v 22nd.
- 17 of 20 goals scored away came 2nd half.
- There is a very strong draw sequence for Rochdale v 16th and lower. With Fleetwood drawing 3 consecutive matches, I would be happy to lay any late draw here.
- Strong 2nd half goals patterns suggests we take on a 0-0 at halftime.
- I am not sure why Rochdale are favourites. 5 clean sheets in 8 matches? Fleetwood have 3 wins in 4 v 19th and lower away from home.
19:45 - Northampton v Shrewsbury - 2.14 Shrews
- 1-1 and 1-0 Northampton last 2 head to heads.
- Only 1 win in 8.
- 3 draws in 4 matches.
- Only 5 clean sheets.
- 3 losses and a draw at home last 4 home matches.
- 6 0-0's at halftime at home (31%).
- Not beaten a top 7 side home or away.
- 1-1-0-0-0-0-0 scored v top 4 teams.
- 10 of 15 goals scored at home came 1st half.
- A draw and 3 consecutive wins.
- 6 wins in their last 7 away.
- Scored 2+ in each of their last 4 away.
- 7 0-0's at halftime away (37%).
- Scored and conceded in 9/11 matches v 10th and lower away.
- 1-1 away v 22nd, 1-0 v 24th.
- The market surprises me but then I do not know that much about this league and the teams in it.
- With Northampton unable to score than 2nd goal v top 4, lay them if they score first.
- The Shrews like scoring and conceding, and if conceding, we are likely to see a 1-1 or 1-2 if form us upheld.
- High % of 0-0's at halftime so fear not a 0-0 at halftime but......10/15 goals scored at home by the Shrews came first half.
19:45 - Brechin v Dunfermline - 1.49 Dunfermline
- 0-3 and 2-1 Dunfermline in the last 2 head to heads.
Brechin (10th and bottom)
- No win.
- 7 consecutive losses.
- 3 of last 4 defeats were 1-0.
- Conceded in all matches.
- Scored 2 goals twice at home without winning.
- Failed to score in 4 of their last 5 matches.
- 4 clean sheets in 5 matches.
- 3 0-0 draws in 5 matches.
- Failed to score last 3 away.
- 3 wins out of 3 away v 9th and 10th. Those were the only 3 wins away.
- Dunfermline are in poor form, poor goalscoring form too. They are poor away from home.....but light up v the bottom 2. That could be their redemption today.
- Brechin have conceded in every match this season so a hope that will end Dunfermline's recent run of not scoring.
- Dunfermline might get away with it today against such a poor home team.
19:45 - Dundee United v Queen of the South - 1.94 Dundee United
- 2-1 Dundee and 1-3 Dundee in the last 2 head to heads.
Dundee United (3rd)
- Only 2 home losses.
- 2-2-2-0-2-2-3 goals scored at home v top 7.
- Only 2 wins in 8 matches.
- 92% over 1.5 goals at home.
Queen of the South (6th)
- 2 consecutive 1-3 defeats.
- Only 1 win v top 3 away.
- Did beat 4th and 5th away.
- Dundee United tend to consistently score 2+ goals v top 7 and if that continues, Queen of the South will not win.
- It seems a simple angle. Slight niggle. QOTS did beat 4th and 5th away.