I expected a 0-0 in the England match. Well that was shattered by Slovakia's early goal. Did you keep faith in 1.41 England? They eventually won 2-1. I am not sure the matches warrant me staying up for a live chat. They are all rather straightforward (or avoidable if you look at the first match below!). If I am online, I will follow. I will tweet through the day on the Asian World Cup qualifiers too which begin at 15:00. See you on Twitter @drtclub if there is anything to pass on.
The tennis gets tougher as we hit quarter final stage.
19:45 UK - FYR Macedonia v Albania - 2.7 FYR
- 3 matches remain for 3rd placed Albania to strike a blow at Italy in 2nd in Group G.
- Neither side has had a draw this campaign. Lay the late draw.
- FYR lost to an 89th minute Albanian goal last head to head. FYR have only beaten Israel and Liechtenstein away.
- Albania have only lost to the big 2 and Israel who they subsequently beat.
- As tight as the market suggests. I would look though to lay FYR if FYR scored first.
19:45 UK - Italy v Israel - 1.14 Italy
- 3 matches remain in Group G and Israel have to win all 3 to stand a chance at qualification.
- Italy have only dropped points to Spain. They beat every other team and all wins were to nil bar the 1-3 away at Israel.
- 3 consecutive losses now for Israel. I think Italy with score 2+ goals today, probably levelling off at 4. A win is required to take a step nearer to qualification.
- Israel have scored in their 3 away matches so let's hope they strike first (as we saw with Slovakia against an England who pushed on and won).
19:45 UK - Moldova v Wales - 1.33 Wales
- Group D is tight, and Wales have an outstanding chance of leapfrogging the Irish into 2nd with a win here tonight as the top 2 tussle in Ireland.
- No win for Moldova.3-3-2 conceded at home in their 3 games.
- Wales are unbeaten and ended a run of 5 draws with a 1-0 win against Austria. A good defensive display as Austria are a good attacking side.
- Drawitis away from home for Wales. 3 out of 3 - 2 are score draws.
- I would look to lay the late draw here today. Moldova are a side Wales can beat. Moldova give sides a chance to score 2 goals.
19:45 UK - Austria v Georgia - 1.36 Austria
- No win yet for Georgia this campaign but they have scored and conceded in all bar 1 match and had 4 score draws in 5 matches.
- Austria seems comfortable away at georgia taking a 0-2 lead before the inevitable georgia goal.
- 0-2-1-0 goals scored by Austria lately. Compare that with 2-2-2 in their opening 3 matches. Austria will have to re-capture the goal scoring, remembering this Georgia side tends to chip in with a goal.
- I feel Austria's odds are too short tonight. We shall see. If Georgia score first, lay them given their score draw pattern. If Austria cannot score 2 goals they might be in trouble today.
19:45 UK - Turkey v Croatia - 2.10 Croatia
- Group I is a weak group.The top 4 teams are well matched and pretty much guarantee 3 points when playing Finland and Kosovo.
- Turkey failed to score twice, away in 2 2-0 defeats to Iceland and Ukraine.
- Turkey have scored 2 goals in each of their 3 home matches. 2-2 v Ukraine and then the obligatory wins v Finland and Kosovo.
- 5 clean sheets in 7 for Croatia who drew 1-1 with Turkey in their opener. They lost 1-0 away to Croatia.
- Croatia has scored 1-2-1-0-1 in recent matches.
- Croatia will be reliant upon that defence tonight and try to score that 1 goal.
- A tough game in a tight group.
19:45 UK - Republic of Ireland v Serbia - 2.72 home and away
- Ireland are unbeaten in this qualifier. What is it with the gaels and draws? Wales and now Ireland.3 consecutive draws. 2 consecutive 1-1 draws.
- Group D is between Serbia (first), Ireland (2nd) and Wales (3rd).
- 1-0-1 scored at home for Ireland and 0-0-1 conceded. This is a home performance likely built on defence.
- Serbia are also unbeaten this campaign. 2-2 when these 2 met in Serbia saw Ireland salvage a point.
- 2-3-3-1-3-1-3 goals scored by Serbia this campaign. It is consistent goal scoring and impresses me more than the Irish.
- 3-1-3 scored away by Serbia.Only a 1-1 away v Wales.
- I do feel the Irish will struggle to secure a win today even if scoring first. I would look to lay the Irish late if they score first. Serbia consistently score goals and note they are yet to leave a match without scoring.
19:45 UK - Iceland v Ukraine - 2.7 home and away
- Neither side has had a draw in 5 matches in these qualifiers. The market quite simply cannot split these 2.
- 4 wins in 6 matches for Iceland and 4 wins in 5 for Ukraine.
- 2nd and 3rd in Group I, this could be the critical win with a team taking points off a near rival.
- It was 1-1 when these 2 met before.
- 3-2-1 scored by Iceland in 3 wins at home.
- 2-2, 1-0 loss and 1-2 win v Finland for Ukraine.
- The market speaks here. It cannot split these 2 teams. The head to head 1-1 could not split these 2 teams. They each have a batch of recent wins. A match I will leave alone.
19:45 UK - Kosovo v Finland - 1.8 Finland
- Group I's 2 floundering teams. Neither side will be going to the World Cup.
- A 1-1 draw when these 2 met last time.
- Finland scored v Ukraine and Iceland last 2 matches so have some form of goalscoring momentum.
- A slight nod towards the away side tonight. I would lay Kosovo if Kosovo scored first.
19:45 UK - Liechtenstein v Spain - 1.01 Spain
- 8-0 the last time these 2 met. If you want a play, then I would start at 0-4, 0-6 and 0-8 correct scores with a bookmaker who does inplay and cash out inplay betting.
US OPEN - quarter final stage and matches get far more difficult to decipher
Pablo Carreno Busta v Diego Schwartzman - 1.49 Busta
- 20th v 34th.
- Great performance from Busta who won in 3 tie breakers despite Shapalov leading 5-2 in one set and 3-0 in another set. Superb performance and he really should have lost to a more ruthless player.
- Schwartzmann has beaten 2 top 15 players so cannot be discounted here.
- The fact that Busta was taken to 3 tie breakers in his last match does suggest that, for me, his odds are too short today. If you fancy Busta, you are likely to get far better odds in play.
- Diego will be competitive today. If Busta leads 2-0, I will lay Busta. I would be happy to back Diego at odds of 4+ today.
Sloane Stephens v Anastasija Sevastova - 1.64 Stephens
- 158th v 26th. American Sloane really is taking some solace from home support and is installed favourite here.
- Sloane Stephens has had an excellent warm up to the US Open with semi finals in Canada and Cincinnati.
- Sevastova beat drug cheat Maria Sharapova last round in 3 sets.
- I cannot see Sloane losing 2-0 today so that is an angle if Sevastova wins the first set.
Venus Williams v Petra Kvitova - 1.77 Kvitova
- 12th v 15th but 1-4 Petra in head to heads, the latest was 2014.
- It has been an easier draw for Venus. Petra has met the likes of Cornet, Garcia and Muguruza last 3 matches. On that basis alone, I would lay Venus if Venus wins the first set.
Sam Querrey v Kevin Anderson - 1.78 Querrey
- Tie breaker anyone?
- 27th v 66th and Sam is from Uncle Sam.
- In 10 of the last 12 head to heads, we have seen a tie breaker set at least. 2 set win for Anderson in Canada on hard. How much do we take this very recent head to head to heart? The market is unconvinced ,having installed Querrey as favourite.
- At Wimbledon this year, it as an epic 5 setter where Querrey came out on top and I would suggest same today. An expectant 5 setter means laying any player 2-0/0-2 up and 2-1/1-2 up.