The Football is predominantly International Friendlies and they are best left to the in-play stats. A lot of teams will be missing key personnel who are on their holidays, the poor dears, or visiting their blind hair stylists or getting another (yawn) arm tattoo. See you on Twitter today @drtclub. Again I cannot give a time but 10am seems to be the norm at the moment.
Mladenovic v Bacsinszky - 1.91 Mlade
- 19th v 22nd.
- 1-1 head to heads shared.
- Timea's win over Venus was eyecatching as was Mlade's v Muguruza.
- Rankings cannot split these 2. Head to heads cannot split these 2. The market cannot split these 2.
- Lay first set winner?
Ostapenko v Wozniacki - 1.79 Wozniacki
- 50th v 11th.
- Ostapensko has won 2 head to heads on clay in 2017, latterly in 3 sets.
- In all matches, Wozza was 1.4 favourite or shorter.
- 3 3 set wins in 4 for Wozza. She has been made to battle.
- Wozza has won the first set in all 4 matches.
- It all points to laying Wozza if Wozza wins the first set.
Carreno Busta v Nadal - 1.03 Nadal
- 20th v 5th.
- Straight set Nadal wins on clay. He did lose first set on hard in 2016.
- Perfect 3-0 so far for Nadal at similar odds. I keep saying lay him at 1.04 but he is yet to be worried.
- Busta's victories are impressive - Dimitrov and Raonic especially.
- I will be laying Nadal at 1.04 if Busta can get some belief out of beating 6th ranked Raonic in 5 sets.
Dominic Thiem v Novak Djokovic - 1.52 Novak
- 9th v 2nd.
- 2 recent clay wins for Novak, includes this year in Rome in a comprehensive win. I think the scoreline 6-0 6-1 suggested Thiem nerves more than anything else. This is in no way representative of his talent.
- 4 3-0 set wins for Thiem.
- Vinolas took Novak to a 1st set tie breaker. Schwartzmann took Novak to 5 sets.
- Note Thiem's improvement v Nadal. 2 Final losses to Nadal ended with a win v Nadal in Rome.
- This pattern may emerge today.
- I would lay Novak if his odds get to 1.2 or shorter today and hope Thiem improves as he did in the Nadal sequence of matches.