19:45 - Newcastle v Preston - 1.49 Newcastle
- 1-2 to Newcastle the last time these 2 met.
- This is 2nd v 11th in the English Championship. Newcastle are 6 points clear of 3rd spot. Remaining 2nd is key.
- Only 2 wins in 8. The wobbles have to stop.
- A win today I believe should guarantee promotion (Reading can join them but the goal difference is overwhelming).
- Scored in their last 10 at home.
- No 0-0 at home.
- Nothing to play for or run away from!
- Not beaten a top 7 side away, drawing away v 1st but losing the others, conceding 2 goals at least in all bar 1.
- Conceded 3 goals in each of 3 defeats latest.
- 3 matches remain. 6 points clear of 2nd, 36 goal Positive difference to Reading. Newcastle win today, they should be promoted.
- They play a Preston conceding 3 goals in each of their last 3, and very much in deck chair mode.
- I would expect Newcastle to win in front of home support. It is not a given because Newcastle have only the 2 wins in 8 matches.
- I must oppose any Preston lead.
19:45 - Pescara v Roma - 1.24 Roma
- Note the short odds casualties this weekend. This is no gimme for Roma unless they can match the authoritative Juventus home win last night.
- 3-2 Roma last head to head was more comfortable than the scoreline suggests.
- This is 20th v 2nd in Italian Seria A.
- It is miracle time. They must win all remaining matches and hope their relegation rivals magically lose all remaining matches.
- Only 2 wins all season, one was an amazing 5-0 v Genoa.
- Only 3 clean sheets.
- Only 1 0-0 at halftime in 20 of 21 matches.
- Lost 0-2 to Juventus last home match but 2 1-1 draws prior to that. As I say, wins are required.
- Not won a match v top 13 teams.
- Conceded 2 goals at least in all matches v top 4.
- 4 wins and a 1-1 last 5 matches. The title is still on but the gap is growing.
- 2-2-3-3-3 goals scored in their last 5 away matches, winning the last 4.
- Only 1 0-0 at halftime in their last 16 matches.
- No draw in 10 away.
- All wins v 18th and lower home or away and scoring 2 goals minimum.
- Blindly ignoring the desperation stakes Pescara face, and judging this purely on form, Roma should be scoring 2 goals at least today and winning with relative ease.
- Lay the 0-0 in the halftime score market.
- Lay any late draw.
19:45 - Eibar v Ath Bilbao - 2.68 Eibar
- This is 8th v 7th in the Spanish Primera Liga.
- 18 points max remain this season. A top 4 spot is probable but not possible!
- The odds suggest the market cannot split these 2 teams and the form is likely to be similar. We shall see.
- 2 draws and 3 wins ended with a loss last match.
- Only the big 3 have beaten Eibar at home this 2017.
- Only 1 0-0 at halftime in 14 matches.
- Only 1 0-0 at home.
- Unbeaten at home v 4th - 19th inclusive.
Ath Bilbao stats
- No draw in 13 and in 6 away matches.
- 4 losses and 2 wins last 6 away matches.
- Only 1 0-0 at halftime in 13 of the last 14 matches.
- 3 of 4 away wins came v 16th and lower.
- Did beat 6th 0-2 away and draw 0-0 with 9th away.
- Note that 2.68 odds does not make for an attractive match. The market cannot split these 2 teams.
- Strictly on form, Eibar have only been beaten by the top 3 in 2017 at home. On that, and their unbeaten run at home v 4th-19th inclusive, Eibar get the slight nod. I do note Ath Bilbao 0-2 and 0-0 v 6th and 9th away, but their away form is poor.
- Lay the 0-0 in the halftime score market. Strong enough recent trends for these 2.
The Swedish Allsvenskan will be researched soon. They have some matches today but the form lines are not there yet.